Live in Australia DVD/CD

• WOW - what can I say....this is the GLENN HUGHES disc (DVD) we've all been waiting on - the performances are just jaw dropping and the 2+ hour bonus material is just as captivating.

The sound is just awesome - it's so good to have such a close-up performance as raw and "in the flesh" wafting through in 5.1 Surround :thumbup:

Would of loved a bit more of the Rome gig on there, but I'm a bit biased on that one, since Shirean and I were in attendance on the night.

The in-studio M4TD song commentaries were very insightful and it was an education to hear the different layers of each track :singer: And Chad is right, GLENN's bits on Nights In White Satin, are just jaw dropping (did I say that again)!

Well worth the wait - a great job all round - looking forward to the next one :cool:

• Totally agree.I got my copy today and I too think the quality is fantastic.I have just bought a new 42"1080p lcd tv with 1000 watt surround sound Dolby Pro logic kit :p The only reason I mention this is because the sound quality is the best I have ever heard on a live musid cd/dvd.You can hear everything including the voices of the crowd during the quieter moments.

Glenn is on great form with what I think is the best version of Mistreated I have had the pleasure to experience.

I liked the bit where,when asked to do Burn he said"what in an acoustic set!!!!!!!!! :) and then proceded to tell the sound man he was going to get his bass turned up louder :thumbup:

Go and buy it :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

• It just arrived and all I can say is WAOW ! The 5.1 DTS sound is a killer. Top quality image and Glenn is amazing (well that's not a breaking news...).
    One advice : BUY IT ASAP !!!!
    Got to leave you know as I hear the first notes of "Nights in white satin"...
    :clapper: :clapper: :clapper:

:ghcp:

• Been watching it for the last two days... mind you, not for 48 hours, I gotta sleep a little in between, but a lot.
    Allow me to quote good old Stevie Wonder: I love ev'rything about (it)!!!
    Oh, and it must have been hot in Rome! :eek:
    Only the two Swedes don't seem to care too much about the heat, and the camera men definitely liked Chad best! If there ever is a live action Muppets Show film, Chad should be in it playing the part of Animal! :drummer: Well he doesn't have to play the part too much then, has he!? :D

Also watch out for Pascal wearing a Thin Lizzy T-Shirt... :cool:

Great release!!! Get it!!!

Cheers,
    Christian

btw. I only found two typographical mistakes this time around! ;)

MEDUSA

• btw. I only found two typographical mistakes this time around! ;)

Yes, Chris,
    if only our boy would legally change his name to:
    ~ GLEEN HUGS ~
    then this problem could be easily solved.

:huh: Go figure :huh:

axmuremoticon.gif

• Got the 'live in Australia' dvd, and it''s a real treat.

Glenn & Chad are on it, meeting with Jimmy Page out in some sunny city street.

Can somebody enlighten me where this was??? :huh:

It looked like a chance meeting, Pagey relaxed, wearing a hat and seemingly surprised to bump into Glenn & Chad. Unfortunately no audio :confused:

• Got the Live at the Basement dvd with the bonus disc last week. Isn't it great? The bonus features alone make it worthwhile. What a fantastic Gettin' Tighter (which made me appreciate how good Chad Smith is).

The making of MFTD was a real eye opener. As I watched it gave me a whole new appreciation for the songs. When I bought MFTD I played it once or twice and filed it, as nothing really grabbed me, and I was deaf to its charms. Since watching the dvd I've been playing it non stop. What great songs, what great playing. I completely missed how good some of the guitar solos are on the first couple of plays. I still find the structure of some of the songs a little odd though, with those end jams that don't always seem to entirely fit with the rest of the song.

I've found before that sometimes you just have to wait for the right time to listen to and fully appreciate an album. MFTD's time is now for me.

• I finally got the DVD last week instead of after Christmas which was cool. I just want to say WOW, I think the second disc is fantastic as well! Glenn is amazing! :clapper:

• I finally got the DVD last week instead of after Christmas which was cool. I just want to say WOW, I think the second disc is fantastic as well! Glenn is amazing! :clapper:

yessss ! I'm agree with you the dvd bonus is wonderful !! good vibrations !! :claphands :claphands

• Hi All,

Bonus DVD is fantastic - was all of the show in Rome taped?

I think this is the best filmed document of GH live since comeback.

Got mine from HMV (London) in Import section (bargain at £16) and is PAL All Region version.

Have a fun(ky) Christmas

Mikey D

• Hi All,
    Bonus DVD is fantastic - was all of the show in Rome taped?
    I think this is the best filmed document of GH live since comeback.

The Rome show is great indeed, only the directing is a little strange - e.g. when Kjell plays the solo on the clavinet (Getting Tighter) the cameras are both on Chad and JJ, and during JJ's extensive guitar solo the cameras are on Chad and Glenn and so on... - looks like it was filmed with only two or three handhelds and "directed" in a rush.

But I guess this footage was originally only shot for use in the documentary (snippets) or in a Promo video clip. That's why it is clearly listed as "Bonus" on the DVD.

Don't get me wrong - I love the Rome footage, but I can also totally understand the comment (somewhere above) that a full electric live show should now be on top of the Glenn DVD release schedule, properly filmed and properly directed.

Now axe me :D
    Cheers,
    Christian

MEDUSA

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!