Which complete album should Glenn play live?

• In recent years, many bands have performed all the tracks on an album in list order from first to last.

Of course, Deep Purple have performed Machine Head, Pink Floyd and Roger Waters have performed Dark Side of the Moon, Dio performed Holy Diver and I had the pleasure a few years ago to see the late great Arthur Lee play forever Changes.

So the question is which album do we think Glenn should play from first to last?

I would have to go with Building the Machine, which 6 years on sounds as good as when i first heard it and to me it cover all that Glenn is about :clapper:

We have the hard rock of Can`t stop the flood and when you fall

the funk rock of Inside, Out on me and Slip away all sadly neglected classics. plus a great cover of Celebrate

The great pop AoR of When you fall

The classic soaring elegiac ballads Beyond the Numb and Big Sky

with a nod to the past with a storming Highball shooter

Glenn has done many great albums over the year but in my view he has never sounded better. So how about it what other suggestions to people have?

• That's a cool concept of course, I would go with Building the Machine as well I think. Or Feel. I love Music For the Divine, also....I love them all though, LOL - haven't heard Play Me Out yet.

Soul Mover may have saved my life since it was the first one I heard in many, many years and came along at the perfect time when I was floundering badly. The songs Change Yourself and Let it Go turned me around and got me playing music again. How do you thank someone for something like that?

I'm ready to hear a concert of the next one he has out. Anything he wants to play is cool with me.

• "From Now On..." or "The Way It Is" would be great to hear live in their full glory.

But, being a big blues fan, I would love for him to do the "Blues" album live!

Cheers,
    sean

• Hi Iain

Nice thread & I think 'Play Me Out' as well,especially if he can get a certain Pat Travers to appear on "LA Cut Off" & Mel Galley on "Destiny" :clapper:

I would also expect Glenn to do the full re-released 14- track version ;)

:cheers:

Cheers,
    Ben !!

• Ooh tricky!! :huh:

I think I'd have to agree with "Building the Machine" for sheer variety.... :thumbup:

but then... I love "From Now On" and... "SITKOR"... and "Soul Mover" .. and .. and...

..oh blimey I dunno - ALL OF 'EM!!!!!! 

• Addiction would be phenomenal :bow:

... and then Hughes / Thrall.

... and then I woke up :D

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• But...if a gun was put to my head and I had to pick one...hmmm??

If I had a gun put to my head Susan I'd be thinking about anything but music ... or perhaps Queen's 'Keep Yourself Alive?' :p

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• If I had a gun put to my head Susan I'd be thinking about anything but music ... or perhaps Queen's 'Keep Yourself Alive?' :p

Yea..but I am from Texas...don't you know we are a bunch of cowboy rednecks - we wear guns on our hips around here...no biggie. LOL :lol:

• OK, while everybody fights it out, in the above posts :sint5:

........I vote for the Christmas album ~ "Soulful Christmas"

as part of "The Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall, in New York."

6,000 people in the audience at one time, and that show
    runs for 2 months, from November to January.

Six thousand seats, times five shows a day, times sixty days, equals:
    One million, eight hundred thousand (GHC) People.

Plus, Glenn could join the Rocketts on stage, for some fancy footwork.

:biggrinsa___ :noel:___ :snowman: ___ :singer:___ :snowman: ___:noel: ___:biggrinsa

axmuremoticon.gif

• OK, Grace, I agree, but I suggest just a tiny change - Every week Glenn plays a different solo album of his, so that all the wishes are satisfied! :lol:

• Addiction would be my choice. I've ever heard anything off that album performed live.

Although maybe some of the material isn't where Glenn is now, on a personal level.

• Hello All,

It's hard to chose, but I would love to hear,
    1.-Play Me Out. or
    2.-Feel
    I love all Papa G's music, but really love the funky/rock side with a dash of soul thrown in for good measure. Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheers,

Galleyfan :clapper:

SCOTT

• From Now On or BTM - but only because i have seen him tour in support of the others and heard 4 or 5 songs live already.

I really think that Talking To Messiah could make a comeback because its just a great funk rock song with a killer riff chorus and fits in perfectly where his songs are at right now.

:ghcp: "It's in my blood"

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!