• I know Tommy Bolin was in the band called James Gang, What kind of music did James Gang play ?.

Ayesha

• Before Tommy....Joe Walsh was the James Gang's lead guitarist. They were a bit of a power trio for the most part. Check out the Best of the James Gang 2 cd set on the Repertoire label. This set covers just about their entire career. The band was a trio up until Joe Walsh left.....after that they became a quartet.

• Tommy was with the James Gang for 2 albums , "Bang" and "Miami". Both albums really showcased his guitar playing along with his songwriting ability. If you can find them, they're great albums to have. Roy Kenner's voice is reminiscent of GH's, and there is one song off of "Bang" called "The Devil Is Singing Our Song" that would have been a perfect showcase for Glenn :thumbup:

Let's Kick It With A Tasty Groove :guitarmet

• There's a James Gang reunion happening right now with Joe Walsh, Dale Peters and another member. Saw the show was advertised for a few months from now. A friend of mine knows Dale Peters I should try to get some stories about Tommy.

John

• The James Gang made excellent music, with and without Tommy Bolin and its a shame that they finally split in the 70´s.

For the collectors....here is "Walk Away" from one of the reunion concerts in 2002.

cheers, Achim

• Quote from David

...and don't forget you can watch Tommy with the James Gang from Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, here.

(High-speed connection recommended).

Wow - thanks for that link David - not one I'd ever seen before.

'You thought that you could take me for granted, but I couldn't take it no more. Better run if you see me coming ... '

• There's a James Gang reunion happening right now with Joe Walsh, Dale Peters and another member. Saw the show was advertised for a few months from now. A friend of mine knows Dale Peters I should try to get some stories about Tommy.

John

how funny, i lived in Whittier once ...

the one-time home of both Nixon and Bush I , but i'm sure John's an alright guy

Join in now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our Community!